Is LASIK right for you?
For many people with vision problems, laser eye surgery appears to be the perfect solution to a multitude of problems they have with their glasses or contacts. It’s a quick procedure that can be done in a day, is incredibly safe (especially when compared to other surgeries), and the results are noticeable almost immediately.
LASIK (laser eye surgery) is best for people with the following conditions:
- Nearsightedness or myopia – people who can see nearby images clearly, but the further the image moves away, the blurrier it becomes
- Farsightedness or hyperopia – people can see images far away, but they become blurry the closer they become
- Astigmatism – this causes all around blurry vision
Candidates for LASIK must also have stable prescriptions. Simply put, that means they have had the same prescriptions for their glasses or contact lenses for the last year. If their vision is still changing, a condition called refractive instability, they are not good candidates for LASIK.
Comfort with the procedure is also something very important for people thinking about LASIK. Any type of surgery is a big step and some people are very frightened by it. By coming in for a free consultation and talking with our amazing staff at Fraser Valley Cataract & Laser, you’ll get all your questions answered and feel much more comfortable and confident.
People looking into LASIK are usually ready to toss aside their glasses or contact lenses and enjoy life without:
- worrying about searching for their glasses when they wake up
- struggling with their contact lenses
- being unable to do what they want for fear of breaking or losing something
If you’ve decided you never want to deal with glasses or contact lenses again, LASIK may be right for you.
So if you are looking to get laser vision correction, or just want a consultation to find out how the surgeons at Fraser Valley Cataract & Laser can help you, come see us at our Surrey or Abbotsford locations.